You might have noticed these are the same two fabrics as the Cardamome in reverse. I had bought this floral fabric knowing I wanted to use it for Chloe, but I had planned to use leftovers from the Tulip skirt I made this summer for the accents. (I bought them on the same visit to Fancy Tiger.)
But when I was choosing my contrast for the Cardamome, it was too good of a match. I just had to use them together again.
I needed the bias tape from the floral fabric to finish the Cardamome, but I wanted to be sure I'd have enough for the Chloe dress. So I basically cut out both dresses at once.
I decided early to use the blue seersucker for the welts and sleeves. But I cut binding for the neckline in both fabrics and decided at the end to go with the blue. I actually had expected to like the floral better, but when I held the blue up, Mikey and I agreed we liked it.