To squeeze the shirt out of somewhat limited fabric and match up my dots, I cut this out on a single layer.
I did the math to line up the dots at the bodice side and princess seams but figured it didn't really matter at the skirt because of the gathers. Oops, it did. I should have lined them up a little better where the skirt attaches to the center front.
Faux pearl buttons are from my Kaplan's stash. I had actually planned to reverse the fabric (white with blue dots) along the button band for a contrasting panel but ended up liking this simplified look better.
I didn't sew either of these projects with great speed. I'm a fairly slow sewer anyway. Both were easy, but I took my time and enjoyed them. In the past few weeks, I've also squeezed in a circle skirt for my sister to wear to a '50s event later this month.
Now onto some more fall projects. :)