I bought this autumn-colored fabric from Fabric Recycles with no idea how I wanted to use it. So I figured no loss if it was a disaster.
I assumed it was rayon, but as I used it, it felt like it had some polyester in it. A burn test seemed to confirm my guess. According to the selvedge, Hamil Group made it.
I cut size 4, which was a really difficult line to see for tracing. As I traced and made pre-muslin alterations, I was glad I did a little online research. Bolt's blog warned that the skirt dart sizes are reversed. That would have confused the hell out of me. Also, shorter sewing bloggers consistently advised to shorten the dress. Victory designed the pattern for heights 5 foot 6 inches to 5 foot 9 inches. I'm 5 foot 4 inches, so I shortened the skirt 3 inches. I also didn't like how long the sleeves looked in a lot of online photos, so I shortened those 2.5 inches.
My first post-cutting alteration was to take in the shoulder seam one inch. I lowered the armhole 1 inch to make up for this but suspected the tiny armhole was still going to be a bit small.