The pattern is my modified Sewaholic Thurlow trousers. When I made the maroon pair, I drew final alterations on the pattern pieces but didn't cut them away. This time I made sure to actually make those changes to my skinny Thurlow pattern. But I wanted this pair to fit a bit tighter because that velvet looked frumpy with any bunching. So I took them in an additional quarter- to five-eighths-inch throughout the side seam. I think it might help to take a bit more out of the back pattern piece next time.
I wanted these to end up shorter than the maroon pair but not capri length. I took 4 inches off during the fitting just so I could try them on and ended up using that with a 1 5/8-inch hem.